First six months 2013/14
- Sales increased by 4 % to 3,184 MSEK (3,076). In local currencies, growth was up 6 %
- Operating profit increased by 8 % to 218 MSEK (203)
- Profit after tax increased by 13 % to 164 MSEK (145)
- Earnings per share increased by 13 % to 2.59 SEK (2.29)
- Cash flow from operating activities totalled 172 MSEK (176)
Events after the end of the reporting period
- In November, sales increased by 6 % to 702 MSEK (662). In local currencies, growth was up 9 %
“We are pleased that our autumn range has received such a positive response and we are continuing to strengthen our market position. We are growing in all markets and have increased operating profit by 23 per cent during the quarter. It is also pleasing that we have had a favourable start to Christmas trading with high traffic of customers to our stores, which meant that sales in November increased by 9 per cent in local currencies.
“With our unique concept and leading Nordic market position as a basis, we are continuing to expand our operations through both new customer segments and new markets. Preparation for establishment in the Gulf region, Germany and the launch of Clas Office is fully underway and progressing according to plan”, says Klas Balkow, President and CEO, Clas Ohlson AB.
Press and analyst conference
A press and analyst conference will be held on Wednesday, 11 December at 10:00 a.m. at Operaterassen in Stockholm and can also be followed on the Clas Ohlson website http://om.clasohlson.com or www.financialhearings.com
For more information please contact:
Klas Balkow, President and CEO, +46 (0)247-444 00
Sara Kraft Westrell, Director of Information and Investor Relations, +46 (0) 247-649 13
The information in this press release comprises information that Clas Ohlson AB (publ) is required to disclose pursuant to the Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Swedish Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was released for publication at 08:00 (CET) on Wednesday 11 December 2013.