Interim report 1 May 2013 – 31 January 2014Regulatory
2014-03-12 08:00 CET
Third quarter 2013/14
· Sales increased by 3 % to 2,238 MSEK (2,169). In local currencies, the increase was 7 %
· Operating profit increased by 34 % to 330 MSEK (247)
· Profit after tax increased by 25 % to 254 MSEK (204)
· Earnings per share increased by 25 % to 4.03 SEK (3.22)
First nine months of 2013/14
- Sales increased by 3 % to 5,422 MSEK (5,245). In local currencies, the increase was 6 %
- Operating profit increased by 22 % to 549 MSEK (450)
- Profit after tax increased by 20 % to 418 MSEK (349)
- Earnings per share increased by 20 % to 6.61 SEK (5.51)
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to 652 MSEK (625)
Events after the end of the reporting period
- In February, sales increased by 6 % to 438 MSEK (413). In local currencies, the increase was 8 %
- The Board of Directors has updated the company’s long-term sales target to annual sales growth of at least 2 per cent in local currency and for comparable units. The Group’s long-term profitability target comprising an annual operating margin of at least 10 per cent stands firm.
“Our fine sales growth resulted in Clas Ohlson’s best-ever quarterly result. This is proof that our offering is successful and appreciated by a growing number of loyal customers. We continue to strengthen our position in all markets and sales for the quarter increased a total of 7 per cent in local currencies. Our positive progress in Finland is particularly encouraging and the UK continues to move in the right direction.
Clas Ohlson’s offensive future investments continue and Clas Ohlson’s first franchise store in Dubai will open before summer. Preparations for the German establishment are also proceeding as planned and we aim to open our first store in the German market in 2015.
The fourth quarter opened on a positive note, with a sales increase of 8 per cent in local currency in February, and we are well-equipped for the spring with many new additions to our product range”, says Klas Balkow, President and CEO, Clas Ohlson AB.
Press and analyst conference
A press and analyst conference will be held on Wednesday, 12 March at 10:00 a.m. at Operaterassen in Stockholm and can also be followed on the Clas Ohlson website or www.financialhearings.com
For more information please contact:
Klas Balkow, President and CEO, phone +46 (0)247-444 00
Sara Kraft Westrell, Director of Information and IR, phone +46 (0)247-649 13
The information in this press release comprises information that Clas Ohlson AB (publ) is required to disclose pursuant to the Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Swedish Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was released for publication at 08:00 CET on March 12, 2014.