In this section you will find information on internet cookies, the cookies that may be set when you visit the Clas Ohlson website and how to manage and delete these through your browser.
What is a cookie and how does it work?
Types of cookies
The law distinguishes functional cookies from other cookies.
Functional cookies are cookies that are necessary for the optimal functionality of a website. These cookies have the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of communication over an electronic network or are strictly necessary for the provision of an information service requested by the user. Examples include cookies that remember the items in an online shopping basket, or cookies that can remember login details.
Analytic cookies are cookies that collect anonymous statistical information on the use of the website in order to improve websites functionalities. Examples include cookies that collect information of the amount of visitors on a website, or the amount of time that a visitor spends on a website.
First party cookies, Clas Olson’s website only uses first party cookies, which can only be read by this site.
Clas Ohlson uses the following cookies:
Remembering a user’s preferences, such as language
Remembering it you have closed the “Want to shop?” tab
- Keep track on the amount of visitors on our websites
- Keep track on the types of content viewed and documents downloaded
- Monitor site errors
How to manage and delete cookies
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by the Clas Ohlson website, or any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but to protect your privacy your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. Click on the relevant link for your browser to see the instructions.
For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Delete cookies on Internet Explorer
- Press Start
- Click Control Panel
- Double click Internet options
- Under the General Tab, you will see 'Delete temporary files, history, cookies, saved passwords...' Click Delete
- Delete Browsing History dialog box will appear, click the 'cookies' checkbox
- Click the delete button at the bottom of the dialog box
- You will be taken back to the Internet properties dialog box. Click 'ok'
Delete cookies in Chrome
- At the top right side of your browser toolbar, click on the Chrome icon
- Click on Settings
- Scroll to the bottom and click 'Show advanced settings'
- Under 'Privacy', you will see 'Content Settings', click on this
- Under 'Cookies', you will see 'All cookies and site data', click on this. Please note that you can block cookies altogether from being set on your browser by clicking 'Block sites from setting any data.' Unfortunately, many websites you browse will stop working if you do this. It is better if you just periodically clear your cookies manually instead of preventing them from being set by your browser.
- You will see a full listing of all your cookies. You can click REMOVE ALL to clear all your cookies or you can pick a particular website and clear your cookies from that site.
Delete cookies in Firefox
- Click the 'Firefox' button and choose 'Options'
- Click on 'Privacy'
- You will see 'Firefox will:'. Set it to 'Use custom settings for history.'
- Click on the 'Show Cookies' button on the right side
- If you want to delete cookies set by individual sites, enter the complete domain or partial domain name of the site you want to manage in the search field. Your search will retrieve the list of cookies set for that site. Click 'Remove Cookie'
- If you want to delete all cookies, click the top of your Firefox window and click on your Firefox button. Click the History menu and pick out 'Clear Recent History...' Select 'Everything' for the 'Time Range To Clear' option. Click on the downward arrow located next to 'Details'. This will open up the list of items. Click 'Cookies' and make sure all the other items are unselected. Click on the 'Clear Now' button at the bottom. Close your 'Clear Recent History' window.
Delete cookies in Safari
- Click Safari then Preferences. Click on 'Privacy.'
- Click on 'Details.'
- You will see a list of websites that store cookies. You can remove single sites by clicking the 'Remove' button and selecting a site. If you want clear all cookies, click 'Remove All.'
- When you have finished removing sites, click 'Done.'
Visit www.youronlinechoices.eu to turn off cookies for specific parties.